Monday, June 7, 2010

Please direct me to this grocery store....



Seriously, this video makes me want to hop on over to the local HEB and jump into song and dance! It just brings a smile to my face :)

Another thing that brings a smile to my face is a money saving technique when grocery shopping....Ready... it's a shocker.... It's called a LIST! Seriously though here are some tips that really helped us stay on our budget when hitting the grocery store:

1. Make a weekly menu (This also helps with the, "I don't know what to make for dinner", or "Hmmm, we don't have anything to make for dinner" even though you just went grocery shopping.)
2. Make a shopping list only consisting of things on your menu and other essential items.



Of course plans may change during the week so don't fret if one night you don't make what's on your menu, it's just a good guide :)

Yea, it may seem weird, like who still takes a list with them to the grocery store, but this has seriously kept us focused and has kept us from buying unnecesary items and spending extra cash. You know what I'm talking about.... You go to the store to buy 2 or 3 items and then you find yourself at the check out spending $100! You know you've done it too!
Hope this helps, it definitely has helped us :)

4 comments:

  1. I love love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used the website myrecipes.com for this, they have a section titled "1 List, 5 Meals." Usually good food and they provide the list for you...the easier the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly: Awesome I'll have to look into that, I can seriously use anything that makes things easier!

    ReplyDelete