Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy June!



We are beginning the 6th month of the year! Can you believe it? I feel the older I get the faster time flies and I'm not too sure how I feel about that yet, regardless it's JUNE and I think June deserves a welcome. Here are some fun facts about June:

Most Kids start their summer vacation this month!!!

The summer solstice occurs June 21st. I've looked up the word “solstice” and I’m still not clear about it. The summer solstice is the longest day of the year and the shortest night. To me all solstice means is, it’s easier to get up in the morning because it’s light out.

Spring ends and summer begins around June 20, 21, or 22 in the Northern Hemisphere. In the Southern hemisphere, winter begins during June, and it brings cold, rainy weather to this part of the world.

It is the month for roses.

Hurricane season begins :/

June 19th is the birthday of Garfield, a comic strip created by Jim Davis

June is named for the Roman goddess Juno, wife of Jupiter

June Celebrations
1 – Donut Day
3 – Egg Day
4 – Cheese Day
5 – Gingerbread Day
6 – Yo-yo Day
9 – Donald Duck’s Birthday (1934)
10 – Iced Tea Day
12 – Magic Day
13 – Weed Your Garden Day
14 – Flag Day
16 – Fudge Day
17 – Eat Your Vegetables Day
18 – Picnic Day
19 – Garfield’s Birthday (1978)
20 – Ice Cream Soda Day
21 – Fathers Day
23 – Soap Opera Day
24 – UFO Day
26 – Chocolate Pudding Day
27 – Helen Keller’s Birthday (1880)
29 – Camera Day
I'm especially excited about UFO day, heh.

So June for me brings many changes, my work will be done later this week and I will be off for "summer vacation", though I really won't have those lazy summer type of days. I start a summer session of school tonight, along with an externship at a rehabilitation center doing Speech therapy. I've only worked with children so this summer brings a little anxiety due to the uncertainty I'm faced with. Change always makes me a little nervous but I have decided that it is good to try different things (later there will be a post on a first for me...and it involves guns, yea i'm pretty gangster)

I also realize that there will be alot of change for people in my life this summer. I have many cousins that are graduating high school, my brother will finishing his studies, weddings, and I'm sure someone out there will be announcing having a baby, seeing as how big my family is!

As the year goes on and months and seasons change I'm always reminded of this Nicole Nordeman song

Enjoy this season of change:)
HAPPY JUNE!
Go celebrate with a Donut!

No comments:

Post a Comment