Monday, June 14, 2010

bedroom inspiration

The color inspiration for our bedroom came from one of my favorite summer dresses


I love the pattern and the colors in this little dress and tried to figure how we could use it in our space. Most of our house has a greenish scheme going on and I wanted to do something alittle different for our bedroom, so I let Eli take a look at the colors I was thinking of to see how he felt about it. Gray to me is a masculine type of color so I didn't think he would mind (He's pretty open about these kinds of things anyway) and mentioned to him that I wanted to only use pops of yellow (it can get annoying fast when overdone). I love the pattern in the dress but am always to scared to actually use it in furniture for the house, so I promised myself to live a little and to use a fun pattern in our bedroom.

After we kinda had an idea of what colors we liked, I wanted to check out what other people were doing with similiar schemes and these were the wonderful photos I found:

Love the classic stripe pattern


I'm a sucker for a big upholstered headboard! They kept the bedding simple but still brought in pattern on the pillows and the area rug.


Now this one was my favorite, especially since we had already ordered a very similar headboard!

WE'RE MAKING PROGRESS-

1 comment:

  1. I like the yellow as accent pieces instead of wall color. Very pretty colors. I think it fits you both very well.

    ReplyDelete