Wednesday, September 15, 2010

how to cut a mango




MMMM... The mango:) It is my favorite fruit, but I must admit It's not a pretty picture when I'm eating one. My mom has pictures of us as kids where she would just peel a mango and let us have at it. We were sticky, smelly, and orange looking babies by the end of the eating experience, and well, I haven't come much further at this age .....til NOW!! The other day I saw a man with a truck full of different fruits, he was selling them in these cardboard crate/box things and of course I spotted the mango from a far and had to stop. He sold me a whole box of those little yellow mangos that I just loved for $6.00. I was so excited to have gotten such a great deal that I couldn't wait to eat them, but remembered how messy of a mango eater I was and decided to wait til I got home. As I was getting ready to peel about four of those little busters (they were the little yellow ones, seriously) I happened to glance at the side of the box where there was a step by step picture of how to cut up a mango. It was then that I had one of the greatest AH-HA moments, for years I had been trying different ways and still ended up messy, what could it hurt, I gave it a try. This is now the official way I cut mangos, and I feel ladylike and mature doing it:)



on step 4 I just get a spoon and dig in, the mango chucks are easy to get off now that they are cut up. DO IT!

****Grammar lesson: So which is the proper plural form of our favorite fruit the mango? According to my Webster's College Dictionary, both mangos and mangoes are accepted spellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment